The downloaded zip file is a complete Item Template zip file for Visual Studi0 2012,
assuming that you have created a Windows Embedded Compact 2013 OS for your system, including Managed Code, built an SDK, and installed it.
It adds an AboutBox Item Template for Compact Framework 3.9 as used with Compact 2013. Do not unzip the file.
- Download CF3.9AboutBox.zip from the Downloads page.
- Copy to your Visual studio 2012 Exported templates folders, eg:
\Documents\Visual Studio 2012\My Exported Templates
- No unzipping required
- Restart Visual studio
- Create a Windows Forms application for a Compact 2013 SDK (choose Device Application)
- Then Add Item and choose the CFAboutBox template.
- Note that for the form to be embellished with app information, complete the project properties:
Project Properties-->Application-->Assembly Information
- You will typically have a form main menu branch Help-->About in your application
- In the event handler for About insert the ShowAsDialog method call as per the following example:
private void menuItemAbout_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
AboutBox1* is the class name that the AboutBox is given when the item is added to the project.
The AboutBox is coded so that you do not need to create an instance to instantiate the AboutBox. The method call creates one modally for the duration of the call.